Teaching Objectiv。es: Develop the skill of speaking: an interview
Properties: Maps, Pictures of Xinjiang and Tibet
Language Focus: go back in a hurry.
Check retelling given as homework last time
II. Leading - in
Have you ever been to Tibet or Xinjiang? Show pictures of the two places and ask the Ss to say sth。. from their own knowl。edge. Tell Ss Erik has been there.
1. Ask the Ss to do the match exercise by themselves.
2. Check the answer
3. Pair。work: practise the interview between Li Weiyin and Erik.
4. Act out the interview.
1. Interview Erik and Elsa. Ask one group of Ss to be interviewers and prepare in。terview possible questions. The other Ss are Erik and。 Elsa. They should be ready for being interviewed.
2. Act out the interview.
V. Exercise in class
Reord。er the following sentences.
1. Erik went to Xi。njiang by train.
2. He liked Tulufan best.
3. He went back。 to Sweden.
4. The people of Tulufan are friendly, and their music and dancing are beautiful.
5. Erik。 went to Tibet.
Key: l 2 4 5 3
1. Writing; Interview Erik and。 Elsa
VII. The design of the blackboard
Did you visit。 any other part of China?
What did you see there?
I wasn。’t in a hurry.